Thursday, May 21, 2009

Don't wear shorts in Berlin

Ok. So when I say don't wear shorts, I'm not kidding. Today Jenny and I wore shorts around the city and everyone stared us down like we were crazy. Everywhere we went and everybody we passed stared until we were out of their sight. It was not cold out or anything. It got to the point where we could not stop laughing because everyone was staring. We were probably the only people wearing shorts in the whole city. We started the day at the chocolate store again, where I got another AMAZING hot chocolate. Then Amanda, Jenny, Jessie and I attempted to shop around Berlin but it started to rain. We had umbrellas but the real problem was that many of the stores were closed because it is Father's Day in Berlin today. If a guy is not a father then today is Guys Day. Guys Day basically consists of getting drunk and doing crazy things. For example, as we were making our way through Alexanderplatz some guys were hollering and then mooned the crowded area. We went back to the hotel where I worked on my project for a couple hours and then got changed for dinner. We were going to dinner at a German food restaurant but it was too packed, so we had dinner at an American food restaurant. The theme was the 60s so it had the red booths, swinging music and milkshakes! Best food yet! : ) I love America! Sorry no pictures today....

No comments:

Post a Comment