Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fat Tire Bike Tour mission statement: Walking is Stupid : )


Our tour guide Blakely



Yesterday the group went on the Fat Tire Bike Tour of Berlin. I decided just to take my point and shoot camera because with my luck the Nikon would have been smashed to pieces if I took that. The bike tour lasted about four hours and took us all over parts of the city. Our tour guide, Blakely, happened to attend school at the University of Central Florida. For lunch we stopped along a river to eat, and I had currywurst and french fries. After the tour we headed back to the hotel to get dressed and ready for the performance Qi at the Friedrichstadtpalast (click on this if you want to see a preview of the show) in Berlin. During that time, I really really wanted some fruit so Jenny and I headed to the local grocery store and I got some pineapple : ) The performance was AMAZING though. It had dancing, magic, humor, singing, swimming, acrobatics, ice skating... pretty much everything! It was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen and apparently has the largest performing stage in the world.



Blakely drawing a map of Germany

Part of the Berlin Wall

Berlin Wall


Berlin Wall


On the photos above, you can see people have signed their signatures on the wall over the paintings becuase tour busses would unload people and they would just sign their names on the wall. Now the city has decided to ask the original artists back to redo their paintings that were ruined by the signatures. Here is one of the artists at work.


Berlin Wall


Soviet War Memorial


Soviet War Memorial


My bike! Orange and Blue- GO GATORS!


Berlin bears located right in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment