Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It was fate


A chocolate fountain


So today I ventured around Berlin by MYSELF!! I had no problems at all. I really needed to find a subject for my project and many of my ideas had been falling through, so I was becoming frustrated and was determined to find someone. I decided to check out the Fassbender and Rausch, a famous chocolate store in Berlin that my mom found online for me. Since I have no idea where any of the streets are, I took the M4 and switched to the U2 to Stadtmitte and started walking to where I hoped the store was. Luckily I walked right into it. I walked in and was blown away by the creations made entirely by chocolate. I figured there was no way I was going to be able to talk to someone because it seemed so massive. So i just started taking pictures for the fun of it. A man noticed I was taking pictures and he came up to me asking me why I was taking so many pictures. Turns out he is the managing director of the store. Score! So I got to talk to him and turns out he was a reallt nice guy who even felt bad I had to wait for him to talk to him while he was in a meeting, so he bought the BEST hot chocolate I have ever had. It had the taste of very rich dark chocolate. mmmm sooo goooooood! I also happened to be lucky to talk to him because he is traveling around the world most of the time working for the store, doing different things with the chocolate. Like I said, it was fate : )



A chocolate version of the Brandenburg Gate


Another chocolate version of a building in Berlin


Chocolate creation


Chocolate creation in the store

No comments:

Post a Comment